CAT 2022 Registration Starts at iimcat.ac.in, Application Link, Last Date, How to Apply , All About CAT 2022
CAT 2022 Registration (Starts) Live: IIM MBA entrance exam application form available at iimcat.ac.in
CAT Form 2022 Live Updates: When should I apply for CAT 2022? As per the official CAT 2022 notification, candidates can apply online for the CAT exam 2022 through the official website – iimcat.ac.in from August 03, 2022, at 10 am to September 14, 2022, at 5 pm.
CAT 2022 Registration Live Updates: Highlights
|Particulars||CAT Exam 2022 Details|
|CAT 2022 conducting IIM||Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Bangalore|
|CAT full form||Common Admission Test (CAT)|
|No. of candidates expected to apply for CAT 2022||2,50,000+|
|CAT exam 2022 registration date||August 3, 2022, at 10 am|
|CAT registration last date||September 14, 2022, at 5 pm|
|Mode of CAT 2022 registration||Online|
|CAT 2022 exam date||November 27, 2022, Sunday|
|CAT 2022 exam mode||Computer-based test (CBT)|
|Official CAT 2022 website||iimcat.ac.in|
|CAT exam fees||Rs 2300 for General|
Rs 1150 for SC/ ST/ PwD
How to apply for CAT 2022?
To apply for CAT IIM Entrance Exam 2022, students are advised to follow the below step-by-step procedure.
- Step 1: Go to the CAT 2022 official website – iimcat.ac.in.
- Step 2: Find and click on the ‘Register’ button in the right middle of the homepage.
- Step 3: It will redirect you to the CAT form page. From there fill out the CAT registration form 2022 using valid and required details.
- Step 4: Using the CAT login credentials, go to the dashboard and fill in the CAT application form.
- Step 5: Next, upload scanned documents required for CAT registration 2022.
- Step 6: Pay the CAT registration fees in online mode using any payment gateway.
- Step 7: Submit the filled CAT form 2022 and take a printout of it for your future reference.
CAT exam 2022 will be held in 150 cities across the country. Like last year, IIM Bangalore is going to conduct the CAT entrance exam 2022 in three slots of 2 hours each – Slot 1 from 8:30 am to 10:30 pm, slot 2- 12:30 pm to 2:30 pm, and slot 3 from 4:30 pm to 6:30 pm.
CAT 2022 scores will be accepted by 20 IIMs and over 100 top MBA colleges like MDI Gurgaon, FMS Delhi, IIT Delhi, IIT Mumbai, SPJIMR, GIM Goa, Great Lakes, FORE, IMT Ghaziabad, TAPMI, MICA, etc. Candidates get admission to MBA, PGDM, PGPM, Executive MBA, Fellowship management programmes via CAT exam score.
CAT Eligibility Criteria 2022
CAT is an entrance exam for admission to PG-level management courses. Thus, the minimum qualification required is graduation. Check the CAT 2022 eligibility criteria below:
- Candidates must have completed graduation in any stream with minimum 50 per cent in aggregate (45 per cent for SC/ST/PwD candidates) or equivalent from a recognised university
- Final year bachelor’s degree candidates or those awaiting their result are also eligible to appear CAT exam
- Candidates will professional qualifications such as CA/CS/ICWA can also appear in the CAT
CAT 2022: Important Dates
CAT 2022 dates will be announced on July 31. Given below is the table indicating tentative dates and events:
|CAT 2022 Events||CAT 2022 Dates|
|CAT 2022 notification release||30-Jul-2022|
|CAT 2022 registrations start||03-Aug-2022 (10:00 AM)|
|Registrations end||14-Sep-2022 (5:00 PM)|
|Form correction||Fourth week of September, 2022|
|Mock test release||First week of October, 2022|
|Admit card release||27-Oct-2022|
|Official tutorial release||First week of November, 2022|
|CAT 2022 exam||27-Nov-2022|
|Answer key release||First week of December, 2022|
|Answer key challenge process||First week of November, 2022|
|Final answer key release||Last week of November, 2022|
|CAT 2022 result declaration||First week of January, 2023|
CAT 2022 Application Process
CAT 2022 registration cum application process is a mandatory step for appearing in CAT as well as admission to IIMs. The CAT registration cum application process in online and the candidates have to submit the forms at iimcat.ac.in website. Given below are the steps to register of CAT 2022 exam and fill the application form:
- Go to iimcat.ac.in website or click here: https://cdn.digialm.com/EForms/configuredHtml/756/77650/Registration.html
- Click on ‘New User’
- Enter name, date of birth, nationality, email ID and mobile phone number
- Enter captcha code and click on ’submit’
- An OTP will be received on the email ID and mobile phone number
- Use the OTP to validate registration
- Next, fill personal details in the CAT application form
- Upload passport size photo and signature
- Fill academic details – class 10, 12 marks and UP, PG or professional degrees
- Select IIM Course, campuses and test city preference
- Make fee payment via debit/credit card, net banking or e-wallet
CAT Exam Fees
CAT application fee is to be paid in online mode at the time of form submission. The CAT registration process will remain incomplete until the fee payment. Check CAT 2022 application fee below:
|Category||CAT 2022 Fees|
|General, OBC||INR 2,300|
CAT Test Cities
CAT exam is conducted at multiple exam centres across India. The list of CAT 2022 tests cities will be released along with the exam schedule. Candidates will be given the option to choose up to four cities in the application form for CAT 2022 test centre. allottment Check below, CAT 2021 test cities for reference:
|CAT Test Cities|
How can I get 99 percentile in CAT?
There are no precise questions that you can attempt and score 99+ percentile. To score 99 percentile, you need to do more than attempt a certain number of questions. CAT percentage is affected by three things.
- CAT exam pattern and marking scheme
- Accuracy in solving the CAT questions
- CAT normalization process
|CAT Exam Sections||Total Questions||Good Attempts|
CAT Exam Pattern 2022
CAT exam is a Computer Based Test (CBT) conducted at multiple test centres across the country. The exam pattern was revised in 2022 due to COVID-19 pandemic. The total number of questions was reduced from 100 to 76 and the duration was reduced from 180 minutes to 120 minutes. The CAT pattern was revised again in 2021. The total number of questions were reduced from 76 to 66. Check below CAT exam pattern highlights:
|CAT Exam Pattern 2022|
|Mode of CAT exam||Computer Based Test|
|Duration of exam||Total: 120 minutes Section wise:40 minutes per section|
|CAT exam slots||Morning: 8:30 AM to 10:30 AMAfternoon: 12:30 PM to 2:30 PMEvening: 4:30 PM to 6:30 PM|
|Number of questions|
|Language of question paper||English|
|Number of answer choices||4|
|Question Type||MCQ and non-MCQ|
|Marking Scheme||+3 for every right attempt-1 for every wrong attempt0 for wrong attempt in non-MCQ|
CAT Sections and Weightage
The CAT question paper has three sections. Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension (VARC), Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning (DILR) and Quantitative Aptitude (QA). Check the table below for sectional distribution of questions and marks:
|CAT Sections||Number of Questions||Marks Allotted|
CAT 2022 Admit Card
The admit card for CAT 2022 exam will be issued to registered candidates only. It will be issued online and will be available for download from the IIMCAT website. CAT 2022 admit card will be issued in the fourth week of October. The admit card is a mandatory document to be carried to the exam centre. Given below is the process of CAT admit card download:
- Open the IIMCAT website
- Click on ‘CAT 2022 admit card’
- Enter CAT ID and password
- Go to ‘admit card’ tab
- Open the CAT 2022 admit card and download as PDF
CAT 2022 Result
CAT result 2022 will be announced in the first week of January 2023. Candidates will be able to download their scorecards by logging into their CAT account. The CAT scorecard will contain candidates sectional and overall scores and percentiles. Given below is the process of CAT 2022 result download:
- Go to IIMCAT website
- Click on ‘CAT 2022 Scorecard’
- Enter CAT application number and password
- Click on ‘scorecard’ option
- Download the PDF of CAT 2022 scorecard
Important FAQs on CAT 2022
Q: What is the CAT 2022 exam date?
A: CAT 2022 exam date is November 27. The official announcement of the exam date was made by IIM Bangalore at iimcat.ac.in website on July 30, 2022.
Q: Which IIM will conduct CAT 2022 exam?
A: One of the top five IIMs conducts CAT exam every year. IIM Ahmedabad conducted CAT 2021. The CAT 2022 conducting institute is IIM Bangalore who will be conducting it after a gap of five years.
Q: What is the syllabus of CAT exam?
A: The CAT syllabus includes all the topics of Verbal Ability, Reading Comprehension, Data Interpretation, Logical Reasoning and Quantitative Aptitude.
Q: What is the CAT exam pattern?
A: The CAT question paper has three sections – VARC, DILR and QA. Total time duration is two hours sectional time limit is 40 minutes. VARC has 24 questions, DILR has 20 questions and QA has 22 questions. The format of questions is MCQ and non-MCQ.
Q: What is the CAT application fees?
A: CAT application fees for General and NC-OBC category candidates is INR 2,200. For SC/ST/PwD category candidates, the fees is INR 1,100.
Q: Who can apply for CAT exam?
A: Any MBA aspirant who has completed graduation or equivalent or is in the final year of bachelor’s degree programme can apply for CAT. The minimum score requirement is 50 per cent aggregate for General category candidates and 45 per cent for Reserved category candidates.
Q: When will CAT 2022 application process begin?
A: CAT 2022 application process began on August 3 2022 at 10:00 AM and it will go on till September 14, 2022 till 5:00 PM. The official notification for the exam was released on July 30, 2022.
Q: How many B-schools accept CAT score for admission?
A: Over 1,200 MBA colleges in India accept CAT score for admission. Some of the top B-schools apart from IIMs, which accept CAT score include FMS-DU, MDI, SPJIMR, IIT-DoMS, NITIE, GLIM, GIM-Goa, LIBA, Amity, JIMS, etc.
Q: I am pursuing BA. Can I appear for CAT?
A: Candidates from any stream of education can appear for CAT. The minimum eligibility criteria for CAT is graduation or equivalent degree in any stream.
Q: I am pursuing graduation from correspondence. Can I apply for CAT 2022?
A: Yes, you can apply for CAT 2022 if you are in the final year of graduation and have an aggregate of 50 per cent and above in first two years (45 per cent for reserved category candidates).
Q: What is a good CAT score for admission to IIMs?
A: For admission to IIMs, one must score about 99 percentile in CAT (General category). However, one also needs to have a good academic record and must perform well in the Personal Interview round.
CAT Application Form Correction
Once the CAT 2022 application form correction window opens, you will be required to follow the steps below:
- Go to the official CAT 2022 website iimcat.ac.in
- Login with your user ID and password
- Go to your application form
- Make required changes
- Save the form again
Tips to fill the CAT 2022 application form without errors
- Fill the CAT 2022 application form before the last date
- Recommended internet browsers to fill up the CAT 2022 application form are Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome
- Do not use a smart phone to fill the form. Use a laptop or a desktop
- Use the same photo on the application form that you will use on the CAT 2022 admit card
- Use your own email ID and phone number to register for CAT 202
- Do not misspell or furnish erroneous information in the form
- Do not leave any field marked as mandatory empty
- Make sure the application fee payment is completed and you have obtained acknowledgement
- Keep a copy of the duly filled form and fee payment acknowledgement slip safe